Saturday 22 December 2012

YAY: Well Co. Cafe & Wine Bar

Okay, so today, we decided to go to Leichhardt to do our Christmas dinner shopping. Leichhardt has some of the freshest produce out there. Italian influences were evident as the shelves of stores were lined with Italian goods such as Panettone, a sweet loaf bread which is Italy's answer to pudding! After completing all our shopping, we decided to head to the Italian Forum (the biggest tourist trap out). However as we were walking along Norton St, my hipster senses caught me as I saw this quirky little cafe. I immediately stopped and convinced my parents to eat there. Inside, there were lines of communal tables. The walls featured massive chalkboards indicating specials, whilst there was a black and white colour scheme (pretty indie). Light bulbs hung on strings off the ceilings which I thought was pretty quirky. The cafe was nearly full so we were lucky enough to get 3 stools at a high table.

Tap water

Anyways, we were getting pretty hungry, so we decided to order without hesitation. The Roasted Chicken Panini (with capsicum pesto, swiss cheese, salad) caught my eye on the specials board so that's exactly what I ordered. Our waitress was very friendly which was a plus! Both my parents ordered the Mediterranean Platter with Prosciutto (with feta, bread, poached eggs, avocado and olives). My dish appeared on a huge board which was very aesthetically pleasing. It tasted pretty good as well. The capsicum pesto was a highlight. It made the dish 100x better. I only tried some of my parent's dish, but according to them, it was pretty good.

In general, service was great (besides the fact that it took a million calls to get tap water), the food was great and the ambience was fantastic! However, my one criticism would probably be price. The food there is pretty expensive, however you do get heaps.




Roast Chicken Panini













Food: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Ambience: 9/10
About: Leichhardt Village Shop 9, 39-45 Norton St Leichhardt NSW 2040
(02) 9572 8870

Wellco on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment