Wednesday 3 December 2014

YAY: Industry Beans

Cool interior!!
After a long stroll through the very cool Brunswick Street in Fitzroy, we decided to have a coffee break. We made our way down Rose St, and it took quite a while to locate this place. Its location next to Crossfit was perhaps a suggestion of where I should have headed after our little indulgence.

Yes, this is from Snapchat!
Sticky Rice Cakes
Situated in a little warehouse, this place oozes the Melbourne vibe. We were given a coffee menu, listing all the different blends we could have tried. H and I both opted for the Fitzroy Street Blend, with H getting a latte while I got a cappuccino. The coffee, I must admit, was the best I ever had. As I become increasingly addicted to coffee, I have developed the ability to differentiate the taste of coffee.  This blend was far superior to any I have previously tried. It had this slight bitterness which was replaced by a sort of sweetness which I found to be very pleasant. This was truly a great coffee moment, and Industry Beans definitely deserves its recognition for its great coffee. We also ordered the Sticky Rice Cakes. This definitely had a very Vietnamese taste which I am very familiar with. The rice cakes were crispy and delicious, especially with the papaya, carrot and sweet and sour dressing. A small regret would be that the strong flavours detracted slightly from my coffee experience, where I found myself having to drink a whole glass of water before I went back to my cappuccino!

The staff also deserve a huge thumbs up, as they were very helpful in informing us about the different blends of coffee and what it would suit. Like Bowery to Williamsburg, I will surely return to this place, as I will, without a doubt, be returning to the streets of Fitzroy!

Food: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Ambience: 9/10
Details:
 Industry Beans on Urbanspoon




No comments:

Post a Comment